Mondaine watches are hard wearing and made to a high standard, but even so, occasionally the watch will need a service to maintain it. The Mondaine service centre offers a range of services to keep you on time.
They offer a partial maintenance from a bracelet sizing service around £15 or so, or more complicated work including:
- Rating/regulating check
- replace crown, gaskets and a new battery where needed
- water resistance control
- Case and bracelet cleaning
- Final bench testing
Costs vary according to the sophistication of the watch but expect to pay £20-£35 or so.
There is also a complete maintenance service:
- Movement dissembling, cleaning, reassembling, oiling, regulating and functions checked
- Replace crown, gaskets and battery where necessary.
- Repair or replacement of worn movement parts
- Water resistance control and case and bracelet cleaning and bench testing.
Expect to pay £50-£80 or so, and of course parts are extra.
Another optional service restores your watch to near perfect condition, with cleaning, polishing and scratch removal. This is not a guaranteed restoration as obviously it depends on the depth of scratches etc. But talk to them and get advice.
The address is:
Mondaine Service Centre,
Locker Hull and Thornton Ltd
10 High View Close
Vantage Business Park
01664-420003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to site.
A word of sensible advice – do use a “signed for” delivery service (Royal mail is perfect) and attach a tag with your details on it. Do feel free to ask for an estimate. Allow a couple of weeks for diagnosis and estimate, and another couple or so from go ahead for the work to be completed.